Monday 24 January 2011

Sometimes not even cooking helps...

So much for updating this everyday with a record of everything that I eat and cook. 


I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth. 


All rather out of sorts... not really interested in cooking or eating. Maybe this funk will pass... but one thing is for sure, my wife is cooking tonight.


I dislike January, I dislike not having a job and I dislike the state of our food cupboards. All I want are Mars Bars, that have been allowed to go cold and hard in the fridge. Probably because when I was a kid they where the ultimate treat, something to be savoured and treasured, partly because they where a rarity, but also I remember them being huge, almost too big to be able to finish in one sitting. 


Now, of course, I can polish the things off in three or four bites, but when I was a kid there was something slightly intimidating about a cold, hard, Mars bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment