Wednesday 9 February 2011

Man V Food Wants You

I might love my high end dining, all white pressed table clothes, perfect service and incredible wines, but sometimes I just want something to stuff my face with, something that will result in greasy fingers and a satisfying attack of heart burn.

Preferably that something is covered in melted cheese, high in fat and salt, comes wedged between two halves of a bun and is served with fries and several ice cold beers. I'm talking burgers... or chicken wings... or proper Pizza from New York... or hot dogs from Time's Square... or burritos from a road side stand somewhere in Southern California.

You might call that junk food... but when the mood takes me I call that heaven.

The king of that kind of Americana food, at least when it comes to eating it in vast quantities, is one Mr Adam Richman host of the Travel Channels Man V Food. The man (and his colon) are quite incredible. Not only does he tackle the stomach cramping quantities of food with obvious joy and excitement but he comes across as a totally nice bloke. It's not really a food show... and it certainly isn't about cooking... but it is totally watchable.

And now MVF want's you. Details... here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjWJhA_4M9g

In the UK Man v Food is on Good Food Channel. Thanks to my bro for forwarding the youtube link. Right... I'm off for a burger the size of a small dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment