Saturday 15 January 2011

Oh God... not another food blog

Aren’t there more than enough already?

Do we really need or care about the restaurant reviews of a frustrated accountant from Tuscon or the recipe insights of a retired teacher from Colchester?

The answer is almost definitely, ‘no we do not.’

There are plenty of very talented professionals out there writing about, and creating, great food day in, day out with the only requirement placed upon us amateurs being simply to just sit back, read their work and stuff our faces.  

The Internet is awash with a great many people, saying very little at the top of their voices.

So why am I doing it?

Because I want to.


Is there a blog equivalent of 'do as I say, not as I do?'


One more thing... while everyone is welcome, with all views and comments, I just want to make one thing very clear. I am not and have no interest in the term FOODIES.

I really don’t get on with that nerdish breed of food obsessive’s who collect menus form top restaurants and play one up man ship on the rarity and exclusivity of their olive oil.

You have come to the wrong place to boast about the age of your Balsamic vinegar.

I will say it loud and say it proud, this is NOT a foodie blog.

So what is Confessions of a Hungry Mind about?

Exactly what it says… a year of eating, cooking and digesting.

More than that… who knows? 


Leave a comment..! 

No comments:

Post a Comment